formally My {doTerra} Spot

Formally My {doTerra} Spot

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Make your Own Nourishing Lotion

Give you skin some love!


As you can tell, I've been interested in making my own bath and beauty products.  So why not lotion?  It's super simple to make and pretty cheap.
I found this recipe on Mommypotamus.com and changed it just a bit to my liking so here's what I did.



What you will need:
3/4 cup oil (olive, avocado, coconut) I used coconut
2 Tbl Beeswax
3/4 Cup Distilled Water or Herbal Tea - room temp
1/4 Cup Aloe Vera Gel
Essential oil of your choosing - I used Serenity
Blender or Food Processor


Melt your beeswax and oil in a "double boiler".  In this case I used a mason jar in a pot of hot water.  Melt until it's all homogeneous.


In your blender or food processor, start mixing the water and aloe vera gel.  We're going to emulsify!  Science is so cool!


Sorry this picture is terrible but it shows that while you're mixing the water and gel, SLOWLY add you oil and beeswax mixture until it's all incorporated.  Add your essential oil very last.  I did about 20 drops of Serenity just because I like the smell.  Here are a few suggestions:

Helichrysum - Natural UV Blocker
Lavender - Tissue Restorer and Insect Repellent
Melaleuca - Antibacterial
Frankincense - Age Spots
Geranium - Analgesic, Antiseptic

For ease with filling your bottles, put the mixture in a plastic bag and cut a corner off, instead of a funnel.


Put your lid on and you're done! This recipe makes enough for two small bottles (4 oz?).  I didn't check the size of my bottles when I bought them.  Put on a cute label, if you'd like.


The first time I made this, I only put 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup aloe vera gel and it was more of a lotion bar than liquidy lotion.  So, I bumped the water up to 3/4 cup.
Enjoy!


Want to try it for yourself?  

Don't know where to find DoTerra Certified Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils?

2. Get a significant discount by becoming a wholesale member
3. Or I can show you how to get your oils at a significant discount and add powerful residual income to your family by sharing with others.  email me at:  marierga@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment