formally My {doTerra} Spot

Formally My {doTerra} Spot

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

MYO Deodorant

Deodorant?  Really?

My husband never knew he really married a hippie.  That's what I feel like lately with all my concoctions.  My curiosity with making deodorant started with my kids.  My poor 12 year old daughter has stunk since she was in kindergarten.  I still don't understand how or why.  But Holy Hanna, that girl can clear a room!  We've tried several different brands of deodorant, soap, perfumes and bathing frequency.  No matter what, that girls stinks.


So I decided to the idea of making your own deodorant mostly for her benefit.  I didn't want it to smell too "hippie" or to "weird" for her taste. 

I found that there are a few variations to the idea of making your own deodorant.  There's the semi-solid form with its variations and then there's the liquid form that you use in a roller bottle.  I thought I'd try the semi-solid for my first try.


Ingredients:
1 Cup Coconut Oil
1 Cup Corn Starch
1 Cup Baking soda
3 Tablespoons Bees Wax
20 drops Lavender
20 drops Lemon
20 drops Frankincense
10 drops DoTerra Purify Blend
(you could add more manly smells for the man in your life.  i.e. sandalwood or eucalyptus)


I started my melting the beeswax in a mason jar placed in a pot of hot water (acting like a double boiler).  Once the beeswax was melted, I added the coconut oil and until it all melted into a clear liquid. 

While that was melting, I added the cornstarch and baking soda together in a bowl.  I added this to the liquid beeswax and coconut oil a little at a time until it was all combined.


Next I added the essential oils and poured the liquid into empty deodorant containers that I bought HERE or you can reuse an old one.  (Make sure the plunger is all the way down).  

This is a large recipe.  It makes 5-6 sticks of deodorant.  Perfect for my smelly little ones.

I will say that after using this for the past week, I don't smell.  Sure, I sweat....but I've always sweat.  However with store bought deodorant, I always smelled at the end of the day.  I'm pretty amazed with this recipe.  No more store bought deodorant for me!

This is another recipe I found for a fast, easy to make deodorant with essential oils and coconut oil.



Want to try it for yourself?  

Don't know where to find DoTerra Certified Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils?

2. Get a significant discount by becoming a wholesale member
3. Or I can show you how to get your oils at a significant discount and add powerful residual income to your family by sharing with others.  email me at:  marierga@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment